Monday, August 29, 2022

Not Just Our Skills But Ourselves

Because of sickness, Santi’s birthday party at the Hogar de Niños (the kids home) was postponed. After I taught the psychoeducational group I have there, Nancy brought Santi and Soli there to celebrate Santi’s birthday today. While the kids enjoyed their cake and Santi broke the piñata (with some help from me), I couldn’t help but appreciate this moment we have with the kids who have not: in this little party for my son, we’re not just sharing our skills with those who request them, we’re sharing milestones and magic moments with them, ones we won’t repeat. After all, Santi will only be 3 years old once!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Declaration of Dependence

I am not self-sufficient, it is not all under my control…and what a relief that is!! What an invitation to trust the all-holy Father, “God f...