Monday, February 14, 2022

Not Our Fault, Still Our Problem

 

At the end of a week, right as I (Jacob) got home, I was greeted by an official-looking fellow saying he had received an order to cut our power. We’d never received a bill or notice, and the foundation told us they’d paid it for the month. The power guy said they hadn’t received it. So here we sit with no lights, no fan, no means of recharging, nada. Not our fault, and still our problem. While this certainly pales in comparison to the trials of Job, I noticed a similar theme: unmerited tribulation. The whole book of Job flips the just-world hypothesis on its head, inviting us beyond a world of rewards and punishments into a greater world of mercy and humility.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Declaration of Dependence

I am not self-sufficient, it is not all under my control…and what a relief that is!! What an invitation to trust the all-holy Father, “God f...