Wednesday, February 2, 2022

Fun At The Park

A park just around the corner from our home proved to be an ideal place to take Santi, he was getting a little stir-crazy just being at home settling in. What I didn’t expect was just how much attention he and I would get from a pack of other kids that were playing there too.

After some brief introductions, they took to Santi as a welcome playmate. Santi brought me a stick, and being a dutiful father, I promptly made like it was a magic wand and turned him into a gecko. The other kids quickly demanded I give them the same treatment, turning them into assorted animals.

Switching the game up to sword-fighting, all the kids (my son included) picked up sticks of their own and realized they outnumbered me by a good deal. Cue me then running for my life throughout this local park chased by small children armed with sticks!! When Jesus told us that we must become as little children, I didn’t exactly have this in mind!!

-Jacob

No comments:

Post a Comment

Declaration of Dependence

I am not self-sufficient, it is not all under my control…and what a relief that is!! What an invitation to trust the all-holy Father, “God f...