Monday, March 14, 2022

An Interview

Today we interviewed a candidate for a teaching position at Nazareth. When I asked about the candidates’ experience with children with disabilities, my director explained to me that there is no university in the entire state of Olancho that prepares people to teach special education. While we have regular Ed teachers in Juticalpa, we won’t find anyone here with expertise in special Ed. “We just don’t have the silver for it” she said.  As a result, there’s a lot of on-the-job learning. The will to serve is here, the need for our service is here, but the money is not.

-Jacob

No comments:

Post a Comment

Declaration of Dependence

I am not self-sufficient, it is not all under my control…and what a relief that is!! What an invitation to trust the all-holy Father, “God f...